Chinese language – Tips for you to find a good purchasing agent in China!
Some of the sourcing or purchasing agents, like some Chinese manufacturers, are not qualified enough in this field.
Purchasing agent plays a very important role among international trade nowadays in China, it’s a bridge for sellers and buyers, however, it’s hard for buyers to choose a good purchasing agent in China too.
Any qualified purchasing or sourcing agent in China must feature as following: 1. Good command of English or other foreign languages, both in written and verbal forms. Language is very important in communication among businessmen worldwide. However, there are not so many people speaking fluent English or other foreign languages in China, esp for the purchasing agent.
2. Good moralityAs a sourcing or purchasing agent, he should behave well and protect foreign buyers’ interests in China at all times. He should never ‘ sell’ his buyers to scammers in China, and never eat his own words, never cheat buyers as well as sellers. As far as I know, some purchasing agents even ask for commision from both parties ( the seller and buyer). This is terrible for a good purchasing agent or representative.
3. Have a good knowledge of import and export in ChinaAny good purchasing agent should have good links with local government authorities and learn much about China’s policies on import and export; He shall learn all the documents and regulation on foreign trade in China.
4. Have good methods on sourcing and purchasing. As a purchasing agent he shall be very familiar in thie field, say, how to source and purchase the target item as soon as possible? Where is the best place for this product?How many big fairs are linked with this product?How can I obtain the most favourable prices? etc
5. Be familiar with your product or industry. For instance, if you’re buying ductile iron castings, you’d better find a guy with rich experience in this field because there are so many terminology in this field. Of course there are some terminology in any field, the same word may carry different meanings in different fields.
6. Have a good knowledge of international laws and regulations related. As a purchasing agent, he has to learn much about some international practise, including the quota issue, certificates issue, anti-dumping issue and tax issue etc. For instance, if you sell beef to Musilin countries, your products have to been certified with a special label and ratified from your target country.
So when you choose a purchasing agent in China, you’d better ask more questions and be careful as well! As a professional sourcing, purchasing, business services office located in China, we warmly welcome any reliable foreign buyer to visit and have business in China!
Learn Chinese, Learn mandarin, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About Chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, HSK, HSK exam, Chinese Exam Preparation, China Business, China Travel, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing