learn mandarin – Export Procedures and documentation
Exporting is both challenging and rewarding. Export procedures are simple and the export documentation required has been lessened.
If you are not yet in business and would like to set up an export company, register with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); with the city or the municipality where you intend to operate the business; and with the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
However, business registration by itself does not ensure success unless the basic foundations for a viable export enterprise are present. These are:
Organization Readiness – Management is willing to commit resources of the enterprise.
Product Readiness – Product meets foreign buyers requirements in both quality and price.
1. Upon receipt of a purchase order from a foreign buyer, immediately send him a proforma invoice for confirmation. An order is confirmed when the proforma invoice is signed and returned to you by the buyer.
2. Payment for exports is normally made through the banks. The foreign buyers interest in your country is represented by a local authorized agent bank, which is designated by the foreign buyers bank.
The local Authorized Agent Bank (AAB) will assist you in negotiating the collection of the payment for your exports.
3. The AAB will explain to you all the instructions concerning your shipment to ensure its acceptability for payment.
Make sure that you understand all the instructions provided by the bank. If the instructions are written in a foreign language, ask the bank to give you an official translation in English or ask the bank to officially recognize a translation of the instructions, if the translation was made by someone other than the bank.
4. Exporters may be paid through banks by means letters of credit (L/C), documents against payment (D/P), documents against acceptance (D/A), open account (O/A), cash against documents (CAD), prepayment/export advance, inter-company open account, offset arrangement, consignment, or telegraphic transfer.
5. You may or may not need outside financing to produce export products ordered by the buyer.
Should you, however, find the need for outside financing, you can either tap the assistance of government or non-government financial institutions.
1. When you are ready to ship, fill up an Export Declaration (ED) form.
2. Secure an export commodity clearance/export permit from the proper government commodity office, if your product is included in the list of regulated products for exportation or if the buyer requires.
3. With the required supporting documents, submit the accomplished ED form to the Processing office for the approval of the Authority to Load (AL).
Learn Chinese, Learn mandarin, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About Chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, HSK, HSK exam, Chinese Exam Preparation, China Business, China Travel, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing